Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Having gotten fed up with the forks on the 08 and having a big dual sport ride coming up with plenty of rocks. So I had to get the bike ready for it. I called Holycaveman up for some advice and to see if he had what I was looking for. He did and offered me a package deal so I could have a bolt on cartridge fork. Thats just what I needed and so Bingo I got it installed today. I am like them very much. that take the hit and keep on going. Really nocompairsion to the old ones and with 11.8" of travel I can play with the Big Dogs. Highly recomended and now that caveman has a kit offered, it's as easy as a phone call. No more hunting parts down and sourcing a machinist to work with you. I just sent a spare set of tripple clamps to him and he sent me back every thing I need to bolt his forks on. They came with new bushings and seals, set up with fresh oil. The brakes had new pads in the caliper and the wheel had new bearings. I didn't have to worry about anything.

No comments: